6.16.2010

8:00-5:00

I am sitting here at work, obviously not working, thinking about a career that I could do and be my own boss. I want to be in charge of myself and not have to report to anyone. I don't want to have to be at work at 8:00 or 8:30 and stay until 5:00. Sitting at this desk today, well always, makes me go nuts-o. I need to get out of a job where I am so tied down. Ok, well I am not so tied down here because I do actually have a shit load of flexibility, but it is definately not a career I enjoy by any means. I work as the Human Resource Manager, and let me just tell you how much of a bitch everyone says I am. I am not the right person for this job, I am not sensitive to people when they complain about the tiniest little things.
Get this, why would you complain to HR that you hate clocking in and using the timeclock. When you were hired, you were hired on hourly which means you have to use the timeclock. The only reason people would complain about that is because they don't really want to work their full hours, but they want to be paid for it.
Another thing people complain about is that I bug them on getting all their paperwork in for the personnel files. Ok this is a company, certain things have to be in place if we were to get a surprise accreditation therefore I have to bug the shit out of you because you dont listen and get the things I need. If you can't tell I am very frustrated.
So anyways, I am trying to think of a job I can do that would make similar money to what I make now. Nothing has come to mind because I feel like everything involves sitting at a desk ALL day long from 8-5. I would absolutely LOVE to do photography full time, but I am not experienced enough to make that great of money, if any at all. I feel like I am stuck and I don't like it. :-( I want to have my own schedule and I want to enjoy life, not be at work more than home. I see people at work more than I see Tony, I don't like that at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment